Today’s networks require a growing list of network monitoring tools and network monitoring solutions to monitor the network like Application/Network performance, IDS/IPS, Sniffers, VoIP analysers, Data Recorders, DLP, Compliance monitors etc. All these tools require real packets to perform their analysis and the challenges faced are lack of tool access points, limited network visibility, existing network monitoring tools not being able to keep up and the increasing costs. How to connect the growing number of tools to the production network with a cost-effective solution?
FIBERWDM Network Visibility offers a wide range of passive and secure network TAPs and packet brokers to connect the ever-growing number of network monitoring tools to the production network. The network visibility devices assure that each of these tools only gets a copy of the network data it needs to prevent tool performance oversubscription. Also, it saves cost in purchasing too many expensive network monitoring tools. FIBERWDM helps customers to passively tap the network, aggregate, correlate and filter data before forwarding it to any kind of monitoring platform.
Network test access points (TAPs) are hardware tools that allow you to access and monitor your network. The modular passive fiber chassis system supports 1G, 10G, 25G, 40G and 100G network speeds. and is 100 percent passive. FIBERWDM Taps are available in multimode and single mode fiber varieties with split ratios ranging from 50/50 up to 90/10. The FIBERWDM Tap is available with either LC/SC/FC or MTP (MPO) connectors. Up to 32 taps (32 input and 64 output, LC connector) can be deployed in a single 1U 19inch rack space.
Network TAPs Application
Network TAPs Features
- Low insertion loss – minimize impact on data flows
- Durable, all steel construction for chassis and TAP network modules
- No power, no heat, no IP address, no MAC address – 100% passive
- Does not modify traffic – tools see real copies of the packets from the network
- Supports single-mode: OS1/OS2 and multi-mode: OM1/OM2/OM3/OM4/OM5 media for long range and short range environments
- OM5 fiber supports SWDM (Short Wavelength Division Multiplexing), this enables 40/100G-SR to be run on LC-duplex fibers giving networks a clear path to migrate to 40/100G
- Supports Cisco BiDirectional optical technology
- Supports split ratios of: 90/10, 80/20, 70/30, 60/40, 50/50, or others
Network Packet Brokers (NPB)
In today’s network environment, keeping network safe, and Users thriving amidst never-ending change requires sophisticated security and monitoring tools performing real-time analysis. All of these tools need to know exactly what’s happening in the network, and are only as good as the data they receive.
Network Packet Brokers (NPB) Application
FIBERWDM’S NPBs can…
- Deal data from one network link, to one tool
- Deal data from one network link, to multiple tools
- Deal data from multiple network links, to one tool
- Deal data from multiple network links, to multiple tools
So, FIBERWDM’s NPBs can aggregate and filter data to tools, adding intelligent grooming and security enhancements such as deduplication, SSL decryption, data masking, and application and threat intelligence.